I have a very embarassing question that I need help with. I thought I was embarassed enough when I went to the gyno for help, but I left the office with him saying it was no big deal. Well for no big deal, it sure does hurt!!!! I have a sabatious cyst on my labia , not that it is very big but it gets rubbed by underear, during sex, actually all the time and it really hurts and I don't know what to do! The gynocologist said that they do not remove them unless they get very large con.

puss filled. A second opinion is out because of my insurance. Anyone have any ideas?

1974blueeyes

Asked by 1974blueeyes at 5:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• The fact is that if you need to, you can "pop" it. I had one of these on my inner labia (it was diagnosed by a DR so I know that's what it was) and was told the same thing. I waited a few days and then "popped" it. After that it *can* fill back up and become a problem again, however that usually takes months to happen (so you can be relieved for at least that long!) and sometimes they never come back. I'm happy to say that I had one last year, did this, and it has yet to return. I told my DR what I did and he said, "Yea, most people seem to not be able to deal with them long enough to extract them and do exactly what you did. Many times they never come back"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Take a bath in the warmest water you can stand with epsom salts, and soak. Put a pad on and a warm tea bag ( buy some cheap tea at walmart ) at least 4 times a day until it is gone ! The epsom salts and tea draw the plug out of the cyst . To prevent them scrub labia well with a wash cloth to remove dead skin cells.
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 10:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I had one that just wouldn't go away!! I had it lanced several times, but my body kept healing before it had a chance to drain completely. I ended up having to have it removed. NOT fun. Hopefully that will not be the case for you. I would try one of the things mentioned above.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I get an ingrown hair one in a while....ouchie!! I've tried the hot bath and tea bag too. It works well.
    wink6877

Answer by wink6877 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I had something simular and they used balloon caths..sucked and the sucker keeps coming back
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2008