Is bleeding during early pregnancy normal?

I started bleeding today after having cramps for 2 days. It's like menstrual cramps. Should I be concerned about the baby? This did not happen during my 1st pregnancy and I am scared. I have a Dr.'s appt tomorrow but need a little comfort now. Thank you for all your help.

txmomof1

Asked by txmomof1 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bled and my dd whose 7 mths bled early on. Her dr told her its ok as long as you dont soak a pad with blood. She didnt lose her baby obviously and I didnt lose her either. You do need to be seen by a dr though asap because bleeding usually means you are miscarrying. Its best to get checked out to make sure everything is alright. If it is theyll send you home and tell you to relax, rest, and call if you soak a pad within 3 hrs.

Answer by gemgem at 6:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I spotted and had some mild cramping. if it is really painful period like cramps and you are bleeding red like a period, then you may want to go to the ER. Cramps and bleeding can be ok for some women. If you decide not to go to the ER then take it easy and rest and lay around the rest of the day till you see your doctor tomorrow.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i had that until i was 6 months pregnant, and im being induced friday!
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It's not normal to bled, you should go to the hospital. I bled with this one @ 4months of pregnancy. I went straight to the hospital. The baby is surviving but it's still not normal. 34 weeks pregnant now . you should go just in case.
    Anonymous

• Bleeding is ok, and cramps are ok, but not together. You should think about going to the ER, or calling the doctor for emergency advice.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 6:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I bled some with this pregnancy and went in had a ultrasound and it turned out that my uterus tore and thats what caused the bleeding, my doc just told me to take it easy and not be lifting a lot, i did and it healed. So it could be something like that that will take care of itself, but i would definitely talk to your doc about it and make sure they check the baby, it helps your own sanity to see the baby and that its fine..
    EmilyJolly

Answer by EmilyJolly at 12:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yes. i had a period like cycle for the 1st 3 months w both my children
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 3:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2009