I just want to know why people have to be so rude and judgemental!

I, recently, asked a question about smoking around children. In my question, I SPECIFIED that I DO NOT smoke around my child nor do I plan to. I was just curious as to when others started doing so because a friend of mine smokes around her 4 month old son and I was trying to prove to her that it's not..."normal"...for lack of a better word.

99% of the answers I got were telling me that I was "F*ing stupid" and a "horrible mother" and that my child should be taken away from me.

I got so mad, I deleted the question.

What happened to being lady like and not bringing a fellow woman down?

And isn't it an unwritten rule somewhere that, unless you're closesly familiar with someone, you NEVER critisize another Mommy???

People can be so cruel.

ReadyForEthan61

Asked by ReadyForEthan61 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've noticed that people are so quick to jump on each other here on CM. You have to get thick skin and try not to let things bother you. Of course, correct them if they got you wrong but women on here are just plain catty!
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I dont care if you smoke lol. I smoke. I think sometimes people just want to be mean and cruel because they can. There is no real other reason, but the underlying reason is their need to prove they are better then someone else because they are unhappy with their own lives and feel better when they put other ppl down. You are a grown woman and I assume you know that there are risks to smoking, smoking around kids, to your own body. I assume you dont live in a cave lol neither do I. If you choose to smoke thats your business and no one elses. Just ignore the ignorant judgemental asses.
    Anonymous

• I believe half the problem is some people do not read the entire question. They scan through it or they read the last comment left and then make their opinion. It's happened many times. Sometimes I wonder where some people base their comments from when they had all the facts wrong to start with.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• That rule doesn't apply here I guess...and it's evident by some of the horribly rude answers. Some Mom's on here, I think, feel like they have to be mean to make themselves feel better. I try hard to ignore their verbal crap but it's sooooooo annoying. Sorry it happened to you.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• People need to read better..and comprehend better.
    Anonymous

• Cuz, ppl love to bring others down and act as if they are better. If u post something they assume its you.... ya know. Some moms on here pretend to be all goody goody but their not. Dont worry about them,,,they dont know u and have no clue what kind mom u are. I know its crazy that u cant ask a simple quest. Its that lower intell level their on. lol
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Reading and comprehending what you wrote are 2 different things. what gets me is people read and they interpret what is written into their own words. I see it all the time. They need to read and understand.Its so simple. don't let that bother you, some people aren't happy unless they are rude and there is nothing you can do about that.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Exactly. They obviously don't read the question or they would know that I don't smoke around my child AND that I wasn't asking for advice. I was asking a straight forward question..."When did YOU start smoking around your child?".
    ReadyForEthan61

Answer by ReadyForEthan61 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Alot of times I agree people jump to conclusions or they read the question and just want to put their own personal spin on it. Why? Who knows? Personally I think they need to put others down so they can make themselves feel better. No one is perfect on this site. Not one person. I firmly believe you cannot judge someone elses life unless youre in it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• LOL, anon at 6 02, look what you wrote and she wasn't even talking about herself
    Anonymous