Potty training

My daughter is a year and a half. The past few weeks she has not been wanting to keep her diaper on and has started using her big girl potty. She only wears a diaper at night. She either gets on the potty by herself or she says eww and I know to put her on it. She has been great about using it. And the past few days she hasnt been using it. She will just squat on my floor and pee and poop. I even put her on it when I see she has to go and she will get up and just squat on the floor again. I don't understand why she won't use it. She is ready to be off diapers because she takes them off. She knows how to use it its like she just won't. Any ideas on why she is doing this or what I can do to correct this problem?

Morgan.

Asked by Morgan. at 6:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well she is still young to be potty training. They go through stages where they do regress. If you are intent to continue potty training her then stay consistent. Since she seems interested then offer her rewards when she goes like gummy worms or m&ms. You can also use a sticker chart and let her pick the stickers and tell her when she gets 5 in a row she can get a special rewards. I usually kept a bunch of small $1-3 toys in a bag and let my kids pick one from it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My son JUST went through this too... he would randomly pee and poop on the floor. We praised him like crazy whenever he did make it to the toilet and we punished him (usually just firm words) when he went on the floor. Just stick to your routine & she'll get back on track.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009