• In the Spotlight:

Is this a growth spurt? She's 5 days old and pooping and eating like crazy.

Is this OK? She has been wanting to eat every 30-45 minutes and won't stop screaming until I feed her. And she has pooped 5 times in the last 2 hrs. Is this a growth spurt?

Also, what are the growth spurt stages?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 6:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Common times for growth spurts are during the first few days at home and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months (more or less). Babies don't read calendars, however, so your baby may do things differently.

If you have more questions about breastfeeding and such check out the website kellymom.com
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• thats just normal for a 5 day old .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It's normal for a newborn. Sometimes they cluster feed meaning that they want to eat hourly or more depending on how long they stay at the breast.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Make sure you're burping her during and after every feeding. She might or might not be getting gas from eating so much. My daughter turned colicky the other night after a major cluster feeding binge and it was HELL. I was really glad that we had Mylicon drops, oh lord O.O

But yeah, it's probably just a growth spurt. I think mine went through hers a few days ago :o]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ok thanks ya'll!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2009