Potty training a two year old

My daughter will be two this month. Im trying to potty train her but she doesnt seem to get it. Ive been potty training her since she was a year and a half. should I buy her big girl undies and take the pull ups away and let her pi ?

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 6:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pull ups are useless , it just tells the child it's okay to go in their pants, buy the underwear and deal with the accidents. It really is the easiest way.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Our daughter us 2 1/2 we stopped with diapers all together on New Year's day. We are dealing with the accidents. it sucks but we're managing.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If she doesn't seem to "get it" then she's not ready. With our first 3, we bought them a potty chair a few months before their 2nd b-day. Every time I went to the bathroom, I took them with me and let them sit on it, telling them it was to put their pee pee and poo poo in. We waited till they showed signs of knowing that they peed in their diaper, started taking the diaper off or saying they wanted to go potty, then we gave them panties or underwear. When they went in the potty, we clapped and cheered and danced around & made a big deal about it and in a few days... done. It's a waste of time to try to potty train when they aren't ready. It's frustrating for them and you. But it's so easy if you wait till they're really ready. I've got 3 down and 1 more to go. She's 2 now but doesn't have a clue, so we don't push it. (She was a 24 week preemie, so she may be a bit later than the others) Good Luck!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• OK WELL I JUST WENT THROUGH THAT WITH M KID BUT I STARTED LATE BUT ALL I DID IS JUST PUT HER IN A SHIRT AND SOCKS AND LET HER RUN ARROUND W/OUT PANTS AND PUT A POTTY CHAIR IN THE LIVING ROOM AND PUT A TRAINING SEAT IN THE BATHROOM THEN AT NIGHT PUT A PULL UP ON HER THEN IN 2 WEEKS AFTER SHE GETS PEEING IN THE POTTYS PUT UNDERWARE ON HER THEN 2 WEEKS AFTER THAT PUT STRECHIE PANTS ON HER THEN TAKE AWAY THE PULLUPS IF YOU HAVE Q?? CALL ME 360-593-1815
    MRS.ROYBRATT

Answer by MRS.ROYBRATT at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree with the 3rd answer above... if she doesn't "get it" she's not ready. Wait another month & then buy some big girl panties or let her go naked. Put a potty chair in your living room if you have to... that worked really well for my son... he didn't want to stop playing to go pee, but when we brought the toilet to him, it helped. Eventually he started using the big toilet all on his own.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009