My husband wants to invite his ex for dinner in our house to see her sister.

Because her sister is in town and his ex does not return any of her phone call. I don't think its my husband duty to fix two sister's problem and in our house. Now I told him I don't want to invite his ex and now I feel I was the one to stop his plan. I had dream last night after he told me his plan and in the dream I was fighting with him regarding his ex and he was on his ex side. So I am not a happy camper today. What should I do?

HR1102

Asked by HR1102 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• um awkward! but i agree its not his job anymore to patch things up he shouldnt come between it.
    kahmommy

Answer by kahmommy at 6:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It would not be comfortable for her to be invited into your home, and even if it were, to try to bring the two together anywhere would not be comfortable. He should stay out of it. But if he insists, then a restaurant or other neutral place would be better.

Answer by Bmat at 7:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Stand your ground. It is NOT your husbands duty, or place to help out his Ex's problems with her sister, or help out his Ex in ANY way. That is way too intimate and emotionally involved. You have boundaries in a marriage. If you ask me, it's crossing the line. You have every right to disapprove.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 7:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Stand by your decision! If not it will never stop. My hubby invited his ex-in-laws to our wedding, and yes, her mother, father, and sister all came to my wedding. I am ok with her sister, she knows the psycho her sis is, however I drew the line at any of them coming to my baby shower...enough is enough.
    njpmom06

Answer by njpmom06 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• wouldn't you rather be there if he is going to see his ex? i mean i know i wouldnt want my man going somewhere to see his ex without being around.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I don't get why he wants to see the sister? From what you've written, this is odd odd odd.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• UMMMMMMM none of this makes sense why does he even care about her or her sister? It's not his place at all to try and fix there problem
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree it's not his place to patch things up with them. I certainly wouldn't allow it in my home. things like that rarely go well and you two will be blamed when it blows up in your face. The ex will feel tricked and it will be a big mess and all "your" fault. You know they won't blame him! LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009