What are some Handmade items i could make and sell!

Ok so here is the thing! I am a stay at home mom and we have a pretty low income and a baby on the way ! So i am looking for some ways to bring in a little cash . My sister has started making and selling personalized wet wipe cases and baby blankets ! Obviously i don't want to steal her ideas or business. but i do need to make some cash. so what are some things that i could make and sell . obviousy I'm not looking for anything to expensive or difficult . just need some ideas i guess ! thanks ! I know there are some more crafty people with great suggestions out there somewhere :) ill take all the help i can get! also if you are interested in one of my sisters products i could get you her info :)

malachismommy11

Asked by malachismommy11 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• crochet or knit blankets and little baby sweaters and sell on craigs list
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2011

• Well I know its not a year round thing but you could start with Christmas related stuff ornaments wreaths, table pieces etc it could be a good way for you to try it all out starting off and there will be demand for it if you get it going soon.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2011

• Gift baskets. There are a wonderful catch-all for the holiday season: a real expression of your creativity and the personality of the recipient.theme based ,coffee,treat,movie,baby etc...

Reusable fabric shopping bags. With attention to the millions of disposable plastic shopping bag which end up in landfills and the environment each year, reusable bags have never been hotter. All you need is basic sewing skills and some repurposed or recycled fabric. Morsbags have patterns and easy directions for making roomy shopping bags that will last for years.

LATINAICE

Answer by LATINAICE at 2:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2011

• Hair bows, paintings, hair bow holders, paint letters to hang on the wall, diaper cakes...I want to do the same thing but I just know so many people that already do these rhings. There's jewelry kits, u can iron on letters to things for people, wreaths, go to the dollar teee and buy a bunch of little things like piggy banks and u could personalize paint them...good luck!!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 3:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2011

• cloth diapers!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2011

• Any cute little thing that you sew or crochet will sell. Clothespin bags, aprons, handmade pasta, soap and jewelry are all things that have been good sellers for me.

Be the first one to have the item in your area. When everybody else starts doing the same thing, do something new.
    mrsgino

Answer by mrsgino at 9:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2011

• hand made soap
    oredeb

Answer by oredeb at 1:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2011

• Crochet beanies and hats :), yarn is pretty cheap, they make pretty good money, and customers LOVE them because their one of a kind. I make them and have people request anything from tv characters to plain ones, or the slouchy beret hats that are popular these days.
    hiphiphippie

Answer by hiphiphippie at 11:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2011