Potty training girls..how long?

My DD is 2 1/2. We are working hard with her on potty training and it seems like it will never end. How long did it take you to potty train your daughter start to finish and what method(if any) did you use?

We tossed diapers for daytime and are in panties, asking constantly if she needs to go. Dealing with the accidents as they come. Like 16 day one, 3 day two, 5 day three and about 3 today. We are keeping her in diapers for sleeping until she "gets" it during the day! Any ideas or advice?

Navymama

Asked by Navymama at 6:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't ask her if she has to go. I would just take her to the potty every hour or whatever increment works best for you depending on how often she goes. Hang in there--we're kind of in the same boat. We started in November at age 2.5, and she is just now starting to go on her own without us taking her.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• All my kids were trained in 3-5 days .
    We used the bare bum method .
    Night training came but it varued from child to child, sometimes it took a few months longer than day training.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If Calvin is in the house, he'll just go on the potty whenever he needs to. He's not even close to being nap or night trained, but I'm OK with that. He'll get it eventually. No offense to anyone else, but I don't think you should rush her into it by trying the 3 day method or any other BS. If you just remind her to go sit on the potty, especially after food or drink, and reward her when she does a good job, she'll get it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2009