how soon can you sleep on your belly?

I was just wondering...I'm two weeks postpartum (vaginal delivery) and would really like to sleep on my stomach again, lol. Is there a certain amount of time that you should wait, or can you do it as long as it feels comfortable? I just don't want to mess my uterus up by squishing it or anything, yanno?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't remember them telling me NOT to sleep on my stomach. I think as long as you're comfy,that's all that matters!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 6:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• As soon as you like :)
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• if u are breastfeeding then sleeping on your stomach could put pressure on your breasts hurting your supply
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yeah they never told me not to sleep on my tummy. I used to love sleeping on my tummy, but after my son was born I was just never comfy on my tummy again. :( Not that I have any problems it just isn't comfy like it used to be!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I laid on my stomach in the hospital bed before my daughter was even a day old! I couldn't wait!!! I'm a belly sleeper all the way, so I was so happy to finally sleep on my belly again! lol
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 7:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I slept on my belly, and I breastfed each one of my kids for a year and a half and one was even longer than that... and sleeping on my belly didn't affect my milk supply at all! It was uncomfortable if they were full, but other than that... go right ahead!!
    KYarger

Answer by KYarger at 7:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I went back to sleeping on my belly as soon as my kids were born.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I breastfeed and slept on my stomach as soon as I got home, didnt hurt anything except my boobs ( if they were full).
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• As soon as you'd like, however I used to love sleeping on my stomach but after I had my first little guy it just wasn't the same...I miss it,lol:(
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 8:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• As soon as you want. It took a few months for me because nobody told me that BFing would turn your boobs into a second preggo belly. Very uncomfortable.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 9:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009