how do you pay the bills when you don't have enough money

My son and I live with my mother and she only gets disability and by the time she pays the rent she only has $100 to last for the month. I work but the only job I could get was as a home health aide and they only give me 10 hours a week. I am trying to figure out how the heck I am going to pay the gas, electric, water, phone, my car insurance and get my son a booster seat. His father is supposed to pay child support but I haven't seen anything yet. Can anyone point me towards some help. I have already got help from Community Action in my area and Welfare when I first moved to my town a few months ago so I can't get help from them again. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know of anything else except try to find another job with more hours, you can try to do applications on the internet seeing as how you have the internet and no gas money. That was'nt to be mean either.
    Anonymous

• I believe McDonald's, Burger King, Walmart are all hiring. if you are only working 10 hours a week you need to look else where. If you and your son are living with your mother, you need to be helping with the majority of the bills.
    njpmom06

Answer by njpmom06 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Not really sure, you can start by eliminating the unnecessary things you have, like the internet. Go go the courthouse and push the child support issue.
    Anonymous

• What area do you live in? Like near what big city?
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 7:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yeah i would try to get a second job or find another one with more hours cause working 10 hours a week is not going to pay bills have you tried talking to your job about working more hours
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Try this site.

www.resourcehouse.com
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I am not going to assume that you have unnecessary luxuries...for all I know you could be on a family members computer and having the internet is often quite necessary when looking for a job b/c many places no longer have paper applications. That being said, learn the art of the juggle. There are times when I have to pay half of the light and gas bills b/c of an unexpected expense. Make arrangements with the companies. Most are very understanding and would prefer to get a smaller payment rather than no payment at all. If you have credit cards from before you fell on hard times you can set up payment arrangements with them as well. You will find a way, it's just a knack that you will have to learn and eventually you will get back on your feet. I am having a hard time finding work myself but a good website to look is snagajob.com. Good luck to you:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 7:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• for njpmom06, for the record, there are places out there that even places like that aren't hiring, and suggesting that is not helping anyone... yes a second job is a good idea, but sometimes they can be few and far between. I know, i've been there. But I know when I was there I asked friends I knew and neighbors if they needed any house cleaning, chores, repairs, etc done for a little money. It helped me with some of my bills.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• have faith.everything will work out as long as you let god be with you.
    Anonymous