Potty Training and moving

My daughter will be 2 in February. I feel she is ready to potty train, but we are trying to move out of our apartment and into our new home. I don't want her to freak out and relapse because of the huge change of moving. I have always heard of new babies throwing off potty trained children, and they relapse then. A major life event like moving, I am worried it will throw her off and I'll have to just start all over. She is ready NOW... but should I wait anyway?

MamaCatCat

Asked by MamaCatCat at 7:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would wait until you make the move.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'd wait. My son was ready to potty train just before we moved, and I held off for the same reason. Once we moved, I gave it about a month for us to be settled in and pretty well adjusted to the new situation, and then started training him. He took right to it, no problems. Good luck, with the move and potty training!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009