not drinking enough at night??

so im 33 weeks pregnant as of today
and every night i fill my half gallon water bottle up
and helf way though the night i have to refill it
but when ever i wake up i feel like i need more water and then my little one starts to push on my side till i get another drink
(i get a drink when my body tell me to and when it does not)
i was just wondeing y my body does that i also wake up feeling like im sick and have a high feaver
how can i know if im drinking enough water at night when most of the time im asleep and also should i talk to my doc about this tomorrow???
(i have an appt tomorrow)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should not have to wake up and drink water. Your body is not designed to have to wake and drink during the night, maybe a sip, but not a gallon. And if you have a high fever, then something is very wrong.
    njpmom06

Answer by njpmom06 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Definitely talk to your doctor about it, but don't freak out. I was the exact same way and I was prefectly healthy during pregnancy, and had my daughter one day before my due date. I would wake up dying of thirst in the middle of the night and fill up a GIANT cup of water twice and chug it, and still wake up thirsty and do it all again!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 7:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• You can always ask but honestly i didn't drink that much water with my 1st daughter. With this pregnancy, i've drank more. I don't think it has anything to do with your water intake. I would tell your doctor about the fever because that isn't normal. Sounds like there could be something else going on in your body. Don't worry until you know for sure. There are a lot of bugs going around this time of year so just check with him.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I never woke up in the middle of the night to drink water. I tried to drink at least 6-7 glasses and sometimes 8 glasses of water during the day, but never woke up to drink at night.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It sounds like you are sick since you have a fever. You don't need to drink round-the-clock when you are pregnant.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I never drink in the middle of the night, except for if I watch up for hours... then I try a little to see if I can fall back asleep.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The only thing I ever drink is water. I love it. But even I don't wake up to drink water. The only circumstance where I might is if I forget to turn my heater down before going to bed ( I like to sleep with it a little colder) and then my throat gets really dry. But a few sips from my water bottle fixes that right up.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 5:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009