my daughter has a yeast infection..

..i called the doctor a week ago and he said to put vaseline on it...she still has the infection but now its worse!!! what should i do?? i really dont think vasaline is a good idea.

SummersMamma

Asked by SummersMamma at 7:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your doc should be prescribing some sort of antifungal treatment (even if it is over the counter). You should also soak your baby's bottom in warm water a couple of times a day and make sure you change diapers frequently.
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 7:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Vaseline does not work on yeast infections--I would call the doc and ask for some Nystatin Antifungal cream
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• That's ridiculous! Vaseline isn't gonna do anything for it. You need an anti fungal cream or something like that. Talk to a Pharmacist, they know a lot more than Dr. when it comes to medications and creams.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• WTF im not a docter and even i know that vaseline wont clear a yeast infection you need a new doc and some of that cream the pp is talikg about poor baby
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my daugther has one too and he had us get lamasil (as you know it's over the counter). her infection went right away. it worked great!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• thanks guys im really upset about it like i want my daughter to be in pain for such a long time!? the nyasin is what my mom told me to do i just wanted to see what you guys had to say because sometimes she comes up with some crazy ideas.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 7:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I don't know to much about that but when you feel something isnt a good idea go with your gut insted of calling the doctor , you go into the doctor office & let him check her out or to someone else cause sometimes they may tell you whatever over the phone not thinking how little or bad it can be. Because I dont think vaseline is good idea also for no yeast infection.
    MykhiMommy

Answer by MykhiMommy at 7:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Just like yourself.... what would you do if you had a yeast infection???, You get the stuff an handle it... I mean they would get immediate relief........ Also, she probablly got it from some sort of bubble bath... you only soak them in clear water........... remember that........... and use Johnson and Johnson bar soap to be safe..... Don't use any CHEAP Crap.
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yeah get an antifungal which is what babies usually have a problem with. talk to the pharmacist. It is really good advice what others have said. I think you dr just thinks she has a diaper rash. What a doofus!
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If it is a yeast infection than she needs antibiotics. If vaseline was going to help that would be what women would use for there infections instead of the creams and pills. There is a medicated cream that she needs to use. How do you know she has a yeast infection?? My oldest daughter had one when she was little and that is what they gave me. A common way for a young one to get an infection is from soap that is used to clean there genitalia. I had to use ivory on her till she was 5 years old
    shiningstar75

Answer by shiningstar75 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009