contractions?

i know this is probably a stupid Question but What do contractions feel like I think I'm having contractions but I'm not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be back labor (which feels like horrible menstrual cramps in your back) and your stomach will be tightening too. Time them... that is the best way to know if they are real. If they are real, they will be consistent and getting closer together. If they are sporadic and getting further apart, most likely it is something else... back pain or BH.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• For me they felt like my guts where being torn out.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 7:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• They feel like very strong menstrual cramps.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Does it come and go? If so time it if as contraction you will know by keeping track....I had back labor with my 3rd but the contractions with him felt like I was doing crunches every 5 mins....with my first the contractions felt like I had to pee every 3 mins, I timed those and realized I was in labor..lol. with my second I was induced so no contraction to worry about, I was already in the hospital....Everyone is diffrent and they dont have to be intense to be contractions.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The pain is mostly in my Back ? i still have the pain in my stomach but its not as bad as it is in my back?????????
    Anonymous

• When i had contractions they just felt like my whole stomach tightening at first and then once they progress its tight stomach with pain until i was moaning from pain and not meaning to..lol....hurt tho...with my daughter it got to the point that i was contracting and all of a sudden had a pain down my right side as if someone stuck a knife in me and ripped in down my side to my abdomen...needless to say...emergency c-section...scary stuff....good luck
    honey26967

Answer by honey26967 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• and i timed them with my daughter....wasnt regular..no real pain until it hit me at once and it was sharp and didnt go away...
    honey26967

Answer by honey26967 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• you can have them in your back and not in the front at all..you should call L&D if you havent already
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• For me my stomach gets really hard and achy and it feels like someone is sitting on my chest (Really hard to breath) almost hurts to breath, lasts a min or so then eases up and becomes easier to breath..
    EmilyJolly

Answer by EmilyJolly at 12:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• doesnt sound like they are contractions if only your back hurts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2009