My 9 month still wont sleep through the night any adivice

My nine month baby girl still wakes up at least once during the night. Which is fine i know babies wake up but she wakes up screaming and the only way to get her back to sleep is a bottle. I am just wondering if other moms have the same problem and resort to the bottle or if other moms let them cry it out and dont go to them.

sophiasmommy02

Asked by sophiasmommy02 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• same here! she turns 9 months on the 8th anyway..but there is no way i could train her to sleep threw the night..i work at 5:30 every morning..id rather just hurry and grab a bottle so she can go back to sleep, rather than letting her cry for awhile :S
    but basically what im saying is i have the same problem and im thinking its something to do with being spoiled?
    Anonymous

• It may be that you need to be sure she has a bigger meal at bedtime, not just a bottle. My kids all started getting up in the night when they needed more to eat..even if they had previously slept through. I would look at it anyway. My youngest son didn't sleep through the night until he was 15 months old..I did think I was going nuts. Finally I had to just suck it up and let him cry. Iw ould go in make sure he was okay. Hug him but not pick him up. Offer a drink of water say night night lay him down and walk out. If he cried more than ten mins I went back in did not pick him up. Comforted with a hug. Good night. In two night he was sleeping through the night.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009