Has anyone tried similac isomil or similac alimentum for their baby?

Has anyone tried similac isomil or similac alimentum for their baby? IF so why? How does your child do now with the isomil or alimentum? how long did it take to see a change in your child?

kristie0319

Asked by kristie0319 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 2 month is on similac alimentum she is doin great on it she jus has acid reflux..she did have colic though this was the 6th formula after bf she was on
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my son was BF for 4 months, but then i started to lose my BM, so i started him on milk formula, and wow, he hated it, so i got a free can of the isomil soy, and WOW< he loves it.. and he took right too it, but the funny part, it smells a bit like my breast milk.. LOL go figure ..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I used Isomil with all of my children. My oldest daughter was allergic to the Emfamil (sp?) so the dr changed her to the isomil, and ever since then I used it. It seems to be easier on there stomaches.
    shiningstar75

Answer by shiningstar75 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My DD was started on regular similac, but after constipation issues, I switched her to Isomil. She is having a bowel movement every day now, but they are really hard all of a sudden. Her DR told me to start her on some baby pear juice or adult prune. Seems to be working...she is a lil over 2 mos now...
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my daughter started on bm, did not come in, used similac advanced in hospital and at home until we found out she was allergic to milk switched her to isomil for 2 months then after severe constapation and constant screaming we switched to nestle goodstart..no problems after that except its 26 bucks a can and i finally switched at 6 months to the target brand its the closest and cost half as much
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009