How can i put my toddler back on his schedule for bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What's the problem? Why wouldn't you be able to just do it?
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We are having the same problem! My husband takes him at 5 and has him until 8 in the morning, it was something we worked out before he got here. So now he isn't taking naps for me but will with my husband then he is up all hours of the night!
    ilovexzavier

Answer by ilovexzavier at 9:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• you just have to do it, and stick to it.
    mlinton87

Answer by mlinton87 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We are having the same problem, my husband works 1st shift and most of the time on the days I work, I work 2nd (we work opposite days of each other) so our 2 little ones are kinda off schedule most of the time. I have found that the times we have gotten back on routine has been by adjusting nap time (if your little one still takes naps) and getting them up earlier. I don't like to just go in a wake them up so I'll open their door all the way ( I leave it cracked at night) and I put the tv or something on downstairs that eventually wakes them but doesn't startle them right up. We adjust everything, waking up, eating times, bathing, bed, ex. Unfortunately for us with our schedules we get off track sometimes and have to do it all over again but it does work. Hope this might help!!
    mumof2babies

Answer by mumof2babies at 12:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Just wake him earlier in the day or from a nap to get him back on schedule at night. It should be pretty easy!
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 11:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2009