Did you use a baby sling?

I had a sling when my first one was little but barely ever used it. He seemed really uncomfortable in it and I didn't really need it with only one child to care for. Now I am wondering if it would help to have a sling for my second son. Was a sling useful for you?

AnnaMac

Asked by AnnaMac at 8:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes for a short time. My child did not like it either.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 8:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yes! love it. my son loves it to, now that he is big enough to be in the hip carry position. he dedn't like it so much before then. its great to have him in when dealing with the preschooler from hell.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I love my slings. There are many many different types, so maybe you need to try a few out.

I have a hot sling which I can just pop him into when we are running in a store for a quick trip and a mei tai for the longer trips. I have been wearing him since birth and he is now 21 months old.

Good Luck!!
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My son loved being in the sling but I only used it a handful of times because it wasn't a very could sling and hurt my shoulders terribly. If I could do it all over again, I would have spent the money on a good sling and used it much more often...I think both my baby and I would have been happier during the newborn phase!!!
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I've had my 17 month old in her sling ever since I first got it. :) Try www.hotslings.com
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009