• In the Spotlight:

How could they?

I have posted a couple of times about a friend of mine on here that had gone into pre-term labor and has safely delivered her son. He is doing fine just very tiny. I asked people to pray for her and her family and everyone was so responsive and I thank you all. I got a message form her this morning telling me that after she and I had talked last night a woman from here that she barely knows messaged her, asking bluntly, "is he going to die?" she didn't know what to do or say she was so hurt. Does any one else think that is TOTALLY out of line? Again please keep her in your prayers, her little one now has a brathing tube and may need a hole in his heart fixed. Thank you.

happyathomemum

Asked by happyathomemum at 8:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter was premature..and hearing that made me tear up when it wasn't even me..its hard enough having to go threw it let alone have some stupid bored woman say something like that.
    Anonymous

• if she thinks it's out of line, she needs to report it to cafemom. on every message received & every post made on cafemom is a REPORT THIS button.

Little one is my thoughts and prayers!
    Anonymous

• well, not saying its right, but this is such a sensitive matter.. but having been online and in chat for over 10 years, i know that text writing can be taking in the wrong concept.. i think there are so many ignorant people out there, that they just dont know how to communicate with others... i feel for this mom, her little baby is working hard, and she gets a comment like that...i'd be shocked too, granted, i'd ignore it... granted if my guy was in the hospital, cafemom would be that last thing that i'd be thinking of.. some friends of mine had their baby in for heart surgery when she was about 3 weeks old, and it was a success. I'll keep this little family in my prayers..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• That does seem out of line to me and I don't blame her for being hurt.
    I hope her little one does ok and is healthy and home with her soon.
    Anonymous

• sweetscrappin- I know what you mean about people not getting the inflection in your voice when you have to type a question. And cafemomis not on her mind, it's the way we communicat mostly, that and phone calls here and there. the message came when she and I were talking right before she and her Husband went to the NICU to kiss their little one goodnight. Thanks for your possitive words and prayers.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 9:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2009