Does anyone out there have-or know of Colon Cancer in their family?

My Mother and 2 Aunts had and died from this. And now, I'm worried hat I may have it!!!!!!!Need some advice-------PLEASE

BigTwit

Asked by BigTwit at 7:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• My father died from colon cancer a few years ago. If you are worried about it schedule a colonoscopy and talk to your doctor about your concerns. Go over why you think you have it and what your symptoms are. You can request to have the procedure and be tested for it. Be sure that your family history is known. Don't put it off too long because there is such a thing as too late.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 10:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• my step dad was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in february of 07. he has had multipul surgeries, radiation, and chemo since but is now cancer free for the time being. it is very hereditary. my husband also has it running in his family and i have three boys! whats the question?
    clasemomma

Answer by clasemomma at 10:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Find a Good GI Doctor , get a colonoscopy yearly and Take Calcium supplements ..helps prevent colon polyps and good anti ox supplements too . Stress won't prevent cancer , in fact it contributes , so be proactive and the rest of the time enjoy the good health you have now . Noone knows how or why it will leave us , so live it up !
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 10:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2008