i was wondering if there a group for moms who have i son in prison

i have a co worker who has a son in prison .i was telling her about cafe mom and she asked me to ask and she will come aboard if so.i told her that i though so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I dont know if there is...you should search it. If not you can create one.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Go to the groups tab up top, then click "find groups" and then type in your search words such as "sons in prison". Best wishes.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I've read a few posts from moms who have children in jail and/or prison. Maybe here she can find another mom who understands the emotions she must be feeling.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'M NEW MYSELF TO THIS CAFEMOM....I HAVEN'T AS YET SEEN A ROOM WITH PARENTS WHOSE CHILDREN ARE IN PRISON....BUT, I MYSELF HAS A NEPHEW THAT IS IN PRISON...MATTER OF FACT I WILL BE VISITING HIM THIS COMING SUNDAY...IF SHE WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH ME ABOUT IT..SHE CAN.

BECKY
    NanaBecky53

Answer by NanaBecky53 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My children have all grown finally, strait and narrow, but they had their share of juvenile delinquent trouble when in their teens. After turning 18, they continued on their roads to the 'wrong side of the tracks' and it's a sick feeling that you get as a mother when you see your child spiraling out of control and there isn't a thing you can do because they are an adult. I thank God for bringing mine back to the right road, but my step-brother never did. His mother always told my kids that he was 'skiing' or 'on vacation' and couldn't be with the family at gatherings. I always told them the truth, hoping they would learn that there is a point you reach from which no one can help you.

jimbosmom

Answer by jimbosmom at 6:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• yes there is and she would be welcomed to join. Look under - Kids In Prison

Answer by admckenzie at 6:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• the prisons are full of not just son's but daughter's too...So having a group for these mom's is a great idea...My sister spent some time in prison twice...
    smiles244

Answer by smiles244 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Hi! My name is Maria. My son isn't in prison, but he went to jail a few times. I found this website called prisontalk.com. It's a GREAT place to talk, chat, meet other Moms, etc. It takes a few days to get approved, but it's worth it. My son isn't in, but still on probation. The reason I found the website was cuz I was scared and didn't know what could come next, ya know? Good luck! Maria
    Mariagma3

Answer by Mariagma3 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009