Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 22m old that will not drink milk what so ever unless I put nesquick chocolate in it (or any chocolate I just perfer that kind) is that healthy for her?

Answer Question
 
mom2four25

Asked by mom2four25 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (16)
  • Put honey in it instead. It probably only the sweet taste she is after

    louise2

    Answer by louise2 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • I have a 22 month old and he drinks chocolate milk, I give it to him in moderation.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • My little boy only likes chocolate milk too. I just only put a little in his cups and it has not hurt him.
    Also, for the PP, I didn't think you were supposed to give little kids honey????
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • My daughter did that with water. She wanted juice not water so finally I told her she could have some juice after she had some water. At first the water would just sit there until finally she gave in and drank it. Now she knows she has to have water and not just juice. Maybe you could try that. Give her half of what you would regularly give her plain and once she drinks that give her the other half with some chocolate mix in it.
    MizAnn

    Answer by MizAnn at 8:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • I asked our doctor that also and she said that as long as she is drinking milk. The chocolate is not bad for them!
    jem102675

    Answer by jem102675 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • Oh and Nequick has added calcium, so I would think it would be healtier than adding sweet honey.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • Just do not give them a lot only to flavor! And when you want just give them less and less until you do not have to give them any in the milk any more.

    Sorry I accidentaly hit enter before!
    jem102675

    Answer by jem102675 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • I think there is nothing wrong with it at all. I did the same thing only I used Ovaltine.
    happyathomemum

    Answer by happyathomemum at 9:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • I've read some articles, I can't remember where now, so you might have to google to try to find them, but they said that kids can actually absorb more of the nutrients and calcium in the milk if it's flavored. So, I'd say it's not horrible. My kids drink chocolate and strawberry milk pretty much all the time. I rarely drink plain milk, myself, so that's how that started.
    tropicalmama

    Answer by tropicalmama at 9:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • just put enough chocolate in it so it changes color, just very little so they're drinking chocolate milk just not full of the chocolate.
    lilybug524

    Answer by lilybug524 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.