Need advice

Okay here is the deal, I am a 28 year old single mom. I recently joined a wonderful and loving church. I have met alot of wonderful people, when I first started in summer of 07 I met a man who just made my heart melt. He is in his 40's and he is happily married (as far as I know), when I am around him I get all nervous and my heart just starts beating really fast. I feel so guilty and I know it is wrong, but I can't help it. I know that he doesn't feel the same about me. How do I stop feeling like this, I don't know what to do. It is killing me inside, I think about him way more than I should.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You have to get away from him...if you dont it wont stop. There is no controling your feelings
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well first of all you need to pray.....and then do everything in your power to stay away from him even if that means finding a new church. Its up to you to be responsible and not cross the line.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 8:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Sound like you have a CRUSH to me. Just remember he is married. Hand off. the felling will go away eventually

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We control our thoughts. We have COMPLETE control over what we allow ourselves to think. I don't understand why people act like they can't help it. You can help it. You can stop yourself from thinking about him if you want. All it takes is a little discipline to stop that thought once you begin thinking it.
    I think it would also be best to keep distant with him along with prayer.
    Anonymous

• I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe you just have a strong desire not to be single anymore. if that's the case, try joining one of those christian singles groups (or, if you prefer, non-christian). it's a great way to meet other singles...this way, you know the person you (hopefully) fall for is single! ;)

as for this certain person, just mentally tell yourself it'll never happen. don't indulge in fantasies...that will just make reality harder to deal with. heck, maybe even try pretending he's your brother! lol. i'm sure there are good reasons you like him. get to know him as a friend as long as you can control yourself. :P in time, the friendship will be enough, and you'll find someone else...and available!
    MommyToJessica

Answer by MommyToJessica at 9:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• O.k. Now I got part I of your story.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009