• In the Spotlight:

Does an IUD make it harder to get prego again?

DH and I are thinking of having number two, but I've had an IUD for a year and a half, I have heard this will make it hard to concieve...is this true? How long did it take others with an IUD to concieve after taking it out?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 8:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have never had one but I am an IUD baby. My mom got pregnant with her IUD in. For her it wasn't a problem.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 8:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• As IUD can cause scarring which might make getting pregnant a harder than if you never had one. But many moms have gotten pregnant after having an IUD. I'm sure you'll have great success!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• once it is out, it is only harder if you have scarring .If you have scarring someone messed up either putting it in or taking it out.If it releases hormones then it may take a couple months or longer to get yourself regular again.No worries mommy!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had my iud taken out may 14th and conceived june 20. But we are a fertile family. Good luck to you
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 10:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My friend got pregnant with her IUD in and had a healthy baby in Sept of 07 and I have heard if it is mirena you have in most sucess stories happen of getting pg 2-3months after it is out
    Anonymous