does baby rice cereal have lactose in it

just wondering im thinking bout giving it to my baby but he is allergic to lactose

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not 100%, but I wouldn't think so. You could read the ingredients listed on the box. A lot of kids are allergic to lactose, so I would think if it did contain it then they would have to make a lactose free version.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I just checked my box...Lactose is not listed in the ingredients. Just wanted to double check because I didn't think it did contain any.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Do you mean he is lactose intolerant or has a dairy allergy ?

Those are two different things. Lactose intolerance would more likely to cause diarhhea, cramps etc..that is not an "allergy" but an inability to digest lactose.

Dairy allergy would cause hives etc..A true allergy would cause allergic reactions. Sometimes stomach problems, but mostly hives and other serious side effects.

If it's a dairy allergy check the box to see if it lists milk, whey, casein in the ingredients.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009