Reading

What are you reading while pregnant? I am reading Birthing Your Way by Sheila Kitzinger. It is a wonderful read!

reflect1light

Asked by reflect1light at 9:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• BIrthing from WIthin
    Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
    Spiritual Midwifery
    Active Childbirth
    Hypnobirthing
    Emergency Childbirth

All what to expect books suck, but that's JMO. I wouldn't listen to anything in them.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I suggest "A Child is Born" I Loved that book! It has awesome photos of the baby at all stages.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I haven't gotten it yet but I am going to get this book called "Pregnancy Sucks" from what I've read it is like a regular pregnancy book but with a humorous spin on it. It jokes about the bad things like being sick to your stomach or having to pee constantly but then it says things like at least you will have an excuse not to go to that awful Italian place you husband wants to go to once a week or this will give you the opportunity to find out what the new trend on bathroom decorations are. It seems like it would be fun to read.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I read "What to Expect When Expecting" but my very favorite was The Mayo Clinic Comeplete Guide to Pregnancy and Baby's 1st Year.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh! If you are looking for something funny, try the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy or Everything your doctor wont Tell you by Vicki Iovine. I read that like 2 or 3 times each pregnancy. She also has other books that are fun and lighthearted and worth reading. Good luck!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm reading "Birthing From Within" by Pam England. It's about natural birth. It's great.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i read jane seymores book. i had twins
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin and Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Dr. Sarah J. Buckley. I also love the Baby Book by Dr. Sears.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would also stay away from the "What to Expect..." books. It's more like "What to Freak Out About..." I also read the Girlfriend's Guide to the First Year and it made me want to vomit.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• lol... PhilsBabyMama, you made me laugh. I read "What to Expect" when I was pregnant with my first (the thing to do ya know) and I also got "Birthing from Within" and it was so much better. I never finished "Spiritual Midwifery", but it was good.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2009