Could I become pregnant???

I just gave birth about a month ago and my husband and I recently resumed sexual activities. I'm not in birth control yet, because I'm waiting till my next doctor's appointment, but someone told me that I wont become pregnant as long as I'm brest feeding. Is that true??? Is it possible for me to become pregnant even if I just gave birth a month ago???
I hope I don't get a surprise at my next visit to the doctor's. Scary....

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 9:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is entirely possible to get pregnant while breastfeeding and even when you do not yet have a period. You never know when you are going to ovulate for the first time and get that first period.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes, you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. That is a myth and many moms find themselves pregnant believing it.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• YES you CAN get pregnant right now! hehe Be careful! :)
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 9:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have gotten pregnant while nursing. It isnt too common to get pregnant but its not impossible either. I would wait or use a condom if I was you.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 9:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yes, it is very possible. As soon as you start ovulating again, you can get pregnant and that could happen even before your period returns. Depending on breastfeeding as a form of birth control is not a safe method at all.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yes you can get pregnant while breastfeeding, and breastfeeding CAN be a from of birth control, but you have to know the "rules".
    If you can answer yes to the following three questions, your risk of pregnancy is less than two percent.
    1. Is your infant less than six months old?
    2. Are you amenorrheic, that is, are your menstrual periods absent?
    3. Is your baby exclusively breastfed (with no pacifiers, supplemental bottles, or solid foods) and nurses on demand both day and night?
    Almost all mothers who are fully breastfeeding their babies are free of menstrual periods for the first six months. Fully breastfeeding means the baby relies completely on mother for nourishment and for all of his sucking needs.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Just don't risk...Use protection,cause if u start ovulating and don't know you will Get PREGNANT!!!!!
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 11:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2009