"divorce your parents"

I HAVE A 15 YR OLD NIECE WHO IS FROM IL AND SHE WANTS TO "DIVORCE HER PARENT'S."...HER LIFE IS A VERY ROUGH ONE...SHE HAS BEEN THRU MORE THEN MOST ADULTS...HER MOTHER IS NOT CAPABLE TO TAKE CARE OF HER KIDS...CPS HAS BEEN CALLED NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE...WHICH I DONT UNDERSTAND CONSIDERING HER 12 YR OLD SON CUTS HIMSELF WHEN SHE YELL'S AT HIM...HER OLDER SISTER IS A DRUNK AND DRUG ADDICT AND ALL OF THIS IS AROUND THE KIDS....THERE ARE NUMEROUS THINGS BUT WHAT SHE WANTS IS TO COME LIVE WITH ME...I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT BUT OF COURSE IT ALL HAS TO BE DONE THE LEGAL WAY...SO WHAT DO I DO? IM AT A LOST AND I REALLY WANT TO HELP HER....ANY ADVICE????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• She can emancipate herself from her parents, but she has to show a certain level of "maturity". Check this site out: http://www.illinoislegalaid.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=3221
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 9:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• File for temp. custody of her through the courts.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2009