Temp agencies?

I work at a daycare center (where my son also goes so I get a discount) and the pay is good, but not great. I would love a second job on the days and weekends he's with his father. The extra money would be wonderful as well as something to do with my time. Someone suggested going through a temp agency. What kinds of places do they send you to? Are there any agencies that are better than another? I live just outside of Philly.

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 9:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• I swear by them as do my adult children. They are great. They have various placements from office work to warehouse work to display work (demo new food products in grocery stores) . If you don't like the job, don't accept it. Just tell them to find you something else. You don't feel like working today? Then tell them and you don't get in trouble for taking off work too much like you would in a permanent job. I love temp work.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Have you ever thought of starting your own work from home business, with your contacts with the daycare the team I work with would do wonders for you.  Send me a message or go to www.abetteru.2freedom.com

Good Luck

mrssfoster

Answer by mrssfoster at 10:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• they are great... but when you go in, tell them exactly what you are looking for... if your not specific, they may try to set you up in something you don't like. You can always refuse the job offer, but it's better to upfront right from the beginning. Give them details on when you can and can't work, what your minimum pay scale would be, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2009