is it ok for my 2 month old to sleep 9 hours straight through the night without eating?

Love-Mommy

Asked by Love-Mommy at 8:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES!!! Feel blessed you have a 2 month old that is sleeping long stretches at night! My first child didn't sleep through the night till he was 8 months old. My second started at 2 1/2 months. He'd go for about 7-9 hours. Your baby is perfectly fine sleeping that long. :)
    jfed2328

Answer by jfed2328 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Mine did and he still does. sometimes he will sleep 10 hours. Also he takes three small naps during the day.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Thank God tonight, lol! You are a lucky Momma. Both of my girls did this at 10 weeks & have been ever since :)
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 8:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• well, that's awesome! If she's sleeping through thenight then congrats! That also means that she is recieving enough milk throughout her day to sustain her through thenight! Good job momma!
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I have one that didn't sleep longer than 4 hrs at a time until she was 15 months old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Get on your knees honey and praise the Lord ! Seriously , it's fine . If baby's hungry Baby will wake up , and wake you up too !!:)
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 10:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Just remember if they were hungry they would wake up and tell you! You are lucky that (s)he sleeps all night, my 3rd took about 4 months!
    usa_mama

Answer by usa_mama at 11:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My 2 month old will sleep anywhere from 7-10 hours every night, so yes, I think that it is ok! Good for you lady!
    C.Talley

Answer by C.Talley at 1:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Congratulations!!! Your baby is sleeping through the night, you don't know how lucky you are!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2008