Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If someone is behind on their child support in the state of California, when they catch up and pay the interest, doesn't the custodial parent get the back child support and interest when it's caught up?

My husband was laid off for four months and fell behind on his child support. When he returned to work, he got back on track with the regular payments plus $50 per paycheck to catch up on the back support. He is $1100 behind and the $50 a month is only covering interest. Does the state keep the interest or does it go to the mother? The mother has only been receiving the standard amount. It's like the state is stealing the money. It should be going to the child who was without the support for those four months, NOT the government!!!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (0)
  • No answers yet
Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.