first cycle any advice

im starting my first round of clomid 50mg this month when my period comes. i was wondering if anyone had any advice. i was told that i could take it on day 3-7, but i was also told that you can take it on day 5-9. i was hoping for multiple babies if possible. but any advice would be great. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I took it on day 5-9 for 2 cycles and got pregnant one of them. I also took it on day 3-7 once and also got pregnant. Both times were singletons. Clomid really does not increase your chance of multiples by that much (maybe by only 10% or so).
    One thing my doctor told me that I thinked helped was that Clomid can dry up your cervical mucus and CM is necessary for the swimmers to live in. She told me to start taking regular Robitussin with the active ingredient Guafessin on day 10. I took the recommended dosage everyday as often as it said on the bottle. I never had an issue with dryness and always had plenty of fertile CM.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I took it both ways for almost a year. On and off depending if it gave me a cyst. Most the time I would take it between day 5-9.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 11:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I am lucky in that the 2 times i was to start taking clomid i concieved naturally before i had to start the drug so i have no personal experience to speak of here.

However, with regards to multiples, its the dose you take that will increase that chance - the higher the does the more chance of multiples - which is why the doctor will put you initially on a lower dose & only increase that months later if its not working.

Multiple pregnancies carry a higher level of risk to both mother & baby, which is why the doctors avoid them if possible.

Good luck, i hope that positive result comes soon!
    sarahjoyce

Answer by sarahjoyce at 5:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2009