I am 35 weeks pregnant and I'm having cramps not sure if it is contractions...should I go to the hospital?

Coralee42

Asked by Coralee42 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your body is probably just preparing for the birth and cramping is pretty normal. Unless you're bleeding a lot, you're probably fine. It's best to stay home to labor as long as possible before going to the hospital. Trust me...when you're in labor you will know it! :)
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• IT is probably just braxton hicks. They are a pain. They can be uncomfortable and slightly painful at times. With my daughter I started getting them around that time.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• How crazy!!
    I started getting pain and contractions at 35 weeks and was getting them 4 an hour one evening at 6pm and continued getting them thru the night and the next day which happened to be a Saturday so of course my doc wasnt in and no one will give u info over the phone which pissed me off cause i really just didnt know what to do since my doc had told me before that i really didnt have to worry about going in unless i was having at least 6 an hour, so i called one of my girlfriends and she said i should just go in, better safe then sorry, so i did and was glad i did, my contractions came faster and they were able to slow them down since we didnt want him to be born at 35 weeks, i ended up staying over night and put on bed rest for a week til i hit 36 weeks, I still get 2-3 contractions an hour and have been for two weeks now but i m due Jan 19th so he can come any day and it will be ok..
    EmilyJolly

Answer by EmilyJolly at 12:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• unless oyu are getting 6 or more contractions an hour its not real labor.
    but you should still get checked just in case.

cramping is normal during pregnancy towards the end.
    and a contraction will feel like major tightening in your WHOLE stomach
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2009