• In the Spotlight:

do you have a workout ball if so does it work?

i got one for christmas and i have been using it for the last couple days. i was just wondering.

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 9:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I am guessing you mean a large stability ball like the type you can sit on and do crunches on? I'm not sure what you mean by "work" but they are a great exercise tool and can be used in a variety of ways.
    armywife27

Answer by armywife27 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It works! At my gym when a trainer is doing a workout routine with a client, They are always having them use the stability ball. Not only is it great for crunches but it also works your core! Your core muscles are very important & helps firm stability & yet it's one that most people ignore to workout on.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• But like anything else--YOU have to work it:-) Almost anything will do something if you work it. Both my sons tell me it is just DOING IT mom!!!! We have a nice little gym set up and they always remind me that it is being consistent and doing it:-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i like what your sons said. It makes perfect sense. My husband tells me the same thing all the time. It's great to have a cheering squad. I'm trying to get back on the wagon.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I us one and I love it. It helps with my lower back pain. The best exercise to do in my oppinion is the one where you take the ball and place it behind you about waist height leaning against a wall. Put your legs shoulder width apart and gently do a squat the ball rolls up your back and as you stand it rolls back down. YOU WILL FEEL THE BURN!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Happyathomemum! how do you use it to relieve lower back pain?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009