• In the Spotlight:

I'm 12weeks and 4 days pregnant. I started getting numbness in my right thigh, only a small section. Is this normal?

its the second time it has happened. Today i was laying on my back a little to my left side and i went to go to the bathroom when i noticed i didn't feel my comforter on my right thigh. It was numb for about a min. is this normal during pregnancy? I believe the last time it happened was when i was sleeping and I had slept on my right side.
both times did not last long.

Ameina

Asked by Ameina at 10:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As the baby grows, you'll start to feel more and more stuff like that. Find a chiropractor and go at least once a week while you are pregnant. It makes a huge difference in your comfort level throughout the pregnancy and will help your body adjust faster to the changes you are going through.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My legs used to do that too and when i went to my chiropractor he said it was because my hips were out and so he put them back into place and it hasnt happened since, going to see him has helped me sleep and even walking, my hips being out caused leg pain and numbness and it just gets worse the bigger i get.. I swear by my chiropractor hes amazing!
    EmilyJolly

Answer by EmilyJolly at 11:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009