Does anyone else live with a husband who never talks and how do you deal with it? My husband is very good to me, but I am SOOO tired of feeling like I live by myself. We have been married 14 years.

I have recently started receiving attention from another man, and although I am not interested in this man-All the attention from him has made me realize just how alone I actually feel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Been together nine years and the samething. Don't talk won't talk and when he does he is just speaking of the bills. I just talk on the phone or get on the computer which pisses him off and makes him talk. Or I do the ultimate get dressed and walk out the door looking fly. That normally gets him right where it hurts then he starts talking.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I am on your wave-length. I was with a man for fifteen years who really didn't like discussion. A lot of what I attempted to talk to him was about direction about life survival and about future children. We never had children and I made plenty of professional mistakes to share. Plus, we never got married. So I couldn't really relax without the threat of him leaving me. I am 41 years of old as of February. He is 49 yrs old.

Just this year, I got involved with another man claiming that he wanted a son. The thought threw me in a whirl, and we actually tried to get pregnant for a month. Then he changed his mind. :*-(
    He's 45yrs old.

Right now I'm focusing on work and meeting new people to recover.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My husband is not the most talkative person either. But I find ways to draw his attention... Here is an idea. Delete my answer first, then tell him you want his advice on this post, since it is anonymous he won't know it is actually you. Tell him, we have been married 14 too, and I really want to help this woman out, what do you think she could do to get her husbands attention. I know sounds a little sneaky, but you will know where he stands if he says something bad. You might also want to repost something without the attention from another man part then show him that, then if he finds out later it was you, then he wouldn't know anything about the other man.

Continued...

mrssfoster

Answer by mrssfoster at 10:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If you don't want to do that, then just sit him down and be honest with him, tell him how you feel, that you love him and appreciate all he does for you (that is very clear), but that you feel lonely and want to get to know him again. Take a date night and go out... DO NOT GO TO THE MOVIES or something else that will keep you from talking to each other.

I wish you luck and HTH

Rachel Foster www.abetteru.2freedom.com

mrssfoster

• I know exactly how you feel!! DH has never been a talker but the last few years he started saying nothing but "I love you". Everyone wants to hear those words but not when that's ALL he says! He reads or watches TV. Recently went on a vacation and I was so miserable and bored. When he talks to strangers or others he blabs on annoyingly. I thought he might have Aspergers Syndrome but does not fit most of the profile. I also get so envigorated when I can have conversation with others and it mkes me realize what a complete isohe acts like he is a robot that has lost its programming and knows only to speak a few sentences. He comes from a strange family. His brother is weird and his mother communicates oddly like self centered or something.
    aloneagin

Answer by aloneagin at 10:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2012