What would your ideal job be?

This needs to be a money paying job so being a Mom doesn't count. Do you already have this job? Does it exist? Do you have any plans to attain it?

I'm working on my dream now. Writing figures highly but exactly what that means, I'm not clear on. Sometimes, getting that dream focused takes time.

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 11:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would LOVE to be an event coordinator! My husband being in the military kind of hinders the likelihood of me being successful :/
    USMCWifey2011

Answer by USMCWifey2011 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2011

• i've already had my ideal profession, hairdressing..i loved it for 24yrs, still do, but i retired a year ago. currently, i'd love to be a cake decorator..even in a supermarket! i think it would be a fun way to fill the hours.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2011

• Why would event coordinating not work for you? Is there a new approach that you could do (i.e. event in a bag that you sell via the internet) that could make it work?
    Nonoluna

Comment by Nonoluna (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2011

• I would love to counsel female children as to how to avoid getting pregnant. There are way too many teens playing adult thiking sex is without consequences. They are also shocked that taking care of a baby is hard.........................
    Anonymous

• I am going to work on becoming a motivational speaker....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• This has been a little bit of a problem for me because I can see myself doing and enjoying a lot of different jobs, I am a little ADD. So, I figure I'll probably have many different jobs throughout my life, the trick is finding some that I can make a good bit of money doing. But the job I've wanted since I was 9 is to be a Dance Teacher. I graduated from my dance school in 2005, so actually I can teach dance, but I have yet to be highered as a dance teacher partly because I stopped dancing in 2006 to start having a family. Now that I'm almost done with that, having my fourth and final child in Dec., I will be going back to dancing next year, getting back in shape, and getting back to pursuing teaching dance. Yyyaaayyy!!!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• spending my rich man's money..hahahah i want a sugar daddy haha j/k

i have acutally thought about going back to school for either pharmacy tech and then work way up to pharmacist. if not that then go to school for accounting.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• I want to own my own business. I have a few ideas- Errand and Concierge business, Stand Up paddle boarding lessons and rentals at a State Park, etc. but I want to be debt free before I do start my own business. By April 2012, we should be debt free except for my husband's car. I want to start saving some more money and I would like to do another year as an Americorps Vista (which I am required not to have another job or any other ways of making money while I do this). So it looks like I will be able to start my own business in August 2013.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• I have finally found mine, i am taking over a family restaraunt running it and part time serving/waitress. I love the buisiness. All those failed attempts at college and i know why i finally found what i am suppose to be doing with my future job wise.
    kymberleesmom

Answer by kymberleesmom at 2:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• Mine is what I do now; I do modeling and I also have a business I do from home very pt but it will be there for me if I dont do modeling jobs one day
    XOXOArmyWife

Answer by XOXOArmyWife at 12:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2011