For the Christians....

Would you allow the following people into your church?

Prostitutes, drug addicts, drug dealers, convicts, ex-convicts, rapists, murderers, thiefs, cheats, homeless, the arrogant, prejudice, wealthy, high class, the gay man and woman, the abortion doctor.

What about different beliefs? The Muslim, the Jew, the Wiccan, the Pagan, the Athiest, the Agnostic, the Spiritualist, The Devil Worshipper, the Morman, the Jehovah's Witness, and the Witch.

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't go to church, but if I did I would say that anyone should be welcome. If they are there surely it's because they're trying to get help from God, right?
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 10:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree...but many others would not.
    logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• currently i dont go to a single church but if i had my own church...yes! Jesus talked & ate with some of His times most disrespected & hated people (your fist list, not your second), so why shouldn't Christians reach out to them too?

my personal faith focuses on the "love everyone" teachings of Christ. would i be comfy around all those listed in that first group...no...but if they were trully interested in turning their life around then who am i to judge?

as for the 2nd group, yes to them too! but only if they really want to learn more about my beliefs & arent coming just to divert attention away from the worship &/or tell me how wrong/stupid i am or that i will burn in Hell. they dont have to believe what i believe they just need to respect that it's my place of worship.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• anybody willing come to God is a good thing! my dh goes to church with me and he has a lot of tattoos! my church welcomes all.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Who is to keep Jesus our Lord from any person no matter what they are or aren't. The reason Jesus died on the cross was to cover our sins and tear the veil of separation from God the Father. Without the cross we wouldn't have a way to the Father. He welcomes all and so should we. Who are we to judge or act better than "non Christians" its a load of crap.....these people are the reason the word "Christian" is getting such a bad rap. Because we all have a past or an existing problem....or whatever. We all need a savior from our problems. Christians struggle just as much as anyone else to stay under the laws of God and have an existing relationship with Him daily. We are to strive to live like Him and love like Him and this includes anyone!!!
    jephriesmith

Answer by jephriesmith at 11:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• how would a church know what you did or what you are unless you tell them. i have read what you listed as the undesirable and i am 5 of those things and i attend my church and i have been nothing but totally welcomed and cherished. so if your church doesn't accept all then maybe they are not a real church at all. the church is a place for all especially the ones listed above cause they are the ones that need the lord in their life the most. by the way it's the mormon church that i belong to and we are christians so that is why i answered your question.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• sinners of all types go to church
    Anonymous

• Everyone should be welcome!
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 11:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i don't go to church right now,  but when i do, it will be because i found a good, welcomeing church who will allow all people to attend, regardless of their sins.  we all sin. 

adulation

Answer by adulation at 11:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm sure there are some of those people who already attend my church. It's not like there's some security system at the church entrance that scans people's hearts and souls and if they're sinners it beeps and they're not allowed in. Church is a hospital for sinners and not a country club for saints.

Hopefully these people are seeking help and guidance and are searching for a way to turn their lives to Christ. If they come trying to seek justification for sinful behavior they will not find what they are looking for.

Anonymous