I guess they all eventually do it, right?

I had always heard of kids putting stuff in their nose that are shoved so far up they are difficult to get out... never thought my DD would do it lol. She is 3 and a half and has never done this...until tonight. She put paper in her nose. Her reasoning...her nose hurt lol. What has your little one put in their nose?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• DD put a lemon seed up her nose. She said it was a flying rock from the Backyardigans. LOL we were getting ready to head to the doctor and she finally blew it out. I guess it's been about 1 1/2 years since that happened.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Nerds...and nerds are small, so you can fit a lot of them up there. I called the peds wing of the hospital and the nurses got a good laugh. I had her blow her nose and they came out...but I wanted to know if I should bring her in just in case there was one in there I couldn't see and the nurse said "what color were the nerds" so I said "Pink" and she said "watch for pink snot...if her snot is pink, bring her in." lol...watch the other orifices too...ears are just as vulnerable!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My son was 2 and he stuffed broken crayons up his nose. Now those are hard to get out! I called his doc and he said to have him blow his nose. Well that didn't work so we had to get tweezers and very very gently pull it out. It was hard to get to because the crayon JUST fits inside the nose of a kid when they're that small! Took about a hour to get it out...then he did it again a few days later...but at least that was the last time :-)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My kids never did this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My son never put anything in his nose, but he did put the broken tip off an orange crayon in his ear once; it got waaaaay back in there & I coudln't get at it, so I had to take him to the pedi to get it out and even he had a little trouble getting at it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My DD has only done this once, it was an M&M and she had orange snot after. lol. But my nephew does it ALL the time. He will stuff a wad of cotton or paper up there in a heartbeat. It's crazy!
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 11:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2009