Has anyone had experience with possible Gall Bladder problems?

Right after having my daughter I began getting violently ill after eating certain foods. Whenever I eat something high in fat, greasy or very flavorful I get sick for about 3 days. I have a pain my shoulder, when I throw up its like sulfur and the consistency is like a brown greasy mass (VERY SORRY FOR THE DETAIL). It just runs out of both ends like water. I've looked it up on the internet and it suggested gall stones, while my doctor says no its just something else he doenst know what. So any help out there?

team_stewart

Asked by team_stewart at 8:17 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• As a matter of fact I had my gall bladder removed last week. IT took a year and two doctors to figure out taht was the problem. I didnt have gall stones, but I ahd all the other symptoms of a gall bladder problem. My first doctor kept putting me off saynig she didnt know what was going on. She basically told me it was all in my head and I needed antidepressants! So I left her and went to soemone else. A month after goign to the new doctor I am gall bladder free and feeling much better. Considering I am still recovering from surgery. i suggest another doctor!
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 10:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It sounds like gall bladder problems. Do you have any pain under your ribs? That's another sign. www.WedMD.com has a lot of useful info on this.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I have to say that I don't get why your doc won't check that out, but I remember struggling for a few years before we figured out that my gall bladder was torturing me. I had bad reactions to foods, frequent stomach problems, pain below my ribs and some referred pain back by my shoulderblades. I wish I had some great advice for you, but I had to call a lot to my doc before we got the right problem taken care of.
    ldtchr

Answer by ldtchr at 9:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My friend just went through something similar - she was vomiting all the time and when she went in, they said she didn't have gallstones (or any other stones) but that her gallbladder was inflamed. She's going in for some nuclear test (at least that's what she's calling it) and after that she's having her gallbladder removed. She also has pancreas problems but this time it wasn't that. I'd keep pursuing it. Good luck and feel better!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 9:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2008