Baby Swings,

Do you think their worth the money,
I have a bouncy but myy goodness the swings are so expensive, i cannot afford it unless i save money up for one seriously

are they worth it honestly?

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 10:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't like to see a baby who cannot yet sit up on their own being propped upright artificially. Also, a baby can only develop strength and coordination in arms, legs, back and neck from spending time on a flat surface (plush rug on the floor covered by a nice clean blanket). Perhaps your baby IS already sitting up, AND gets plenty of hours every day playing "flat". ... In that case, SashaJ's answer is EXCELLENT !! I will have to remember her ideas next time I need to get something !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• DEPENDS ON HOW OLD YOUR BABY IS, MY DAUGHTER LOVED HER SWING ALL THE WAY TIL SHE WAS 8 MONTHS : ) IN MY OPINION IT IS WORTH IT : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Buy one second hand, Craig's list, consignment store/sale, or yard sale. Never buy that stuff brand new. Used ones work just fine and are 1/3 the price. Many look like they have never even been used. And yes, the swings are worth it.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• we got one from craigslist. Its a rainforest one that retails for $60 for $25 and pretty much unused. My son hates it and is never in it, but craigslist is the place for things as such as long as they are in good condition.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Both my sons HATED the swing, but loved the bouncy. It was just one more piece of junk lying around. Luckily I got it free as a hand-me-down, so I just passed it on and wasn't out anything.

I would suggest seeing if your baby likes it by trying a friends, or even the stores if you can.
    forgivenservant

Answer by forgivenservant at 10:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My little boy really did not care for his, but some babies absolutely love them! I had a $30 travel swing. I am glad I didn't spend the money on a full size expensive one!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yes I think so. You can get them used for around 20-30 if you want... I think swings are worth it all the way. It was a life saver with my colicy son when he was born! My sanity and semi babysitter. lol...
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 11:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well. My daughter didnt like her's at first....but she did like it after awhile..maybe i should wait,...
    my little one is newborn ...i agree waldorf,...thanks ladies!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009