spotting during pregnancy

I am 18 weeks pregnant and I have some blood tinged mucus and then twice I have had actual blood when I wipe after going to the bathroom. I think I may have a urinary tract infection and I am going to go to the doctor tomorrow. I can still feel the baby move, but should I be worried or I am I just being paranoid?

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Glad you are going to see the doc! The bleeding wasn't after sex?
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• What you are experiencing is normal, and your baby is probably fine. Spotting during pregnancy is common. Beware if you are bleeding and cramping at the same time. You are making the right decision to see the doctor. They can only help us if they know what is happening. Good luck!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We havent had sex for a few days to be sure that wasnt it. Thank you so much for your understanding answers.
    lillysmama2008

Answer by lillysmama2008 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• as long as you feel your baby move I wouldnt worry. I spotted through my pregnancy and nothing was wrong. The doc said it was normal.
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2009