If you have a daughter that is around 6 or 11 please help

So i know im a little early but im working on a budget and i have no idea what to get my boy friends girls. I have tried to ask him what they would like for christmas and he goes whatever you want to get them. I have asked the girls what they are into and didn't really get an answer. Christmas is 50 something days away. I have a three year old little boy. So what do your kids likei was on walmart.com and saw a lot of stuff for that monster high dolls. Wha do you think of those. They seem kinda odd to me. Plus I brought them a bratz dolls a few months back and they didn't really seem to like them like my boy friend has said they would. The 11 really likes to draw. And the 6 year old kinda complains over every toy she has. So what do you think a few good gifts would be.

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2011 in Holidays

• do they like jewlery? a gift card to Clair's or whatever is in your city as a "younger" group kind of store. Maybe they don''t care for toys at that age, my daughter likes drawing too so she likes it when i pick up drawing pads for her or some sort of stationarys. My SIL's daughter likes gift cards to Hot Topic which is like a rockstar clothing store.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• I have nieces who will be 8 and 11 a few months after Christmas. I just started my Christmas shopping online today. The older one likes to sing I got her a microphone thing called "I Am T-Pain Mic". It supposedly makes you sound better when you sing, has some sort of background beats, and can record for a few minutes and be played back or loaded onto a computer. I bought the younger one a bead kit called"Umagine Bizu Beads". It looks kind of like a candy machine and dispenses the beads. The bracelets that it makes can be worn or they can be folded into little animal shapes.

If the older one likes drawing find out what type of things she likes to draw most. You can get drawing books that are appropriate for her skill level that will help her draw the things she's interested in, and you can get supplies like drawing pads, pencils, etc. Check out any art/craft store and your bound to find something she'll love!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• For the older girl why don't you do an "artist" giftbasket?? Get different craft items, drawing paper, pencils, colored pencils.... the works.... make it personal like maybe a backpack full of stuff with her name on it??

As far as the 6 year old, sounds like she is spoiled... how about books??
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• I can't help you with all of them, but my oldest is 6 and she is in love with barbies and dress up, doing her own hair, and outdoor toys like jump ropes, hula hoops, sidewalk chalk, etc.

A lot of those "kits" you can find in Wal-Mart are good for this age...necklace kits, make your own ______ kits, craft kits, and that sort of thing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• For the older one, maybe a purse with nailpolish and lipgloss, hair stuff, perfum. I've given those as bday gifts to kids when my dd goes to girl parties, they are always a hit! (mine is only 8 almost 9 tho) For the younger one, any type of craft kits, how about the new easy bake oven? they look neat. Or, clay! Crayola makes air dry clay, its awesome! that with some paint and paint brushes, then she can paint it after its dry!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2011

• My from is eight and she loves monster high dolls I think they r ug. But hey whatever lol.. but gl
    ijsmomma

Answer by ijsmomma at 1:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2011

• ijsmomma- WHAT???? maybe you should go back to grade 2 and learn proper english/grammar... eekkkk I cant stand when people speak or try to text speak.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2011

• give them money!!
    oredeb

Answer by oredeb at 10:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2011