Have you ever felt "looked down upon" for sharing your beliefs?

This question is for women of any faith/belief. Has anyone ever tried to make you feel stupid or turned their back on you because of what you did or believe? I ask that no one post anonymously (pet peeve) message me in private if you don't want your answer shown to the world! lol

MrsHart6

Asked by MrsHart6 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes...but I believe in being open minded when it comes to beliefs about God or whoever/whatever you believe in. Only a very narrow-minded, ignorant person would down you for your beliefs. I have never met anyone that KNOWS how the world was created or what happens when you die/etc.
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 11:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yes, it seems like so many people make judgements yet even though someone else has a different belief then mine , it does not bother me. I believe what I believe, and you beieve what you believe. Who really knows who's right? Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe in my beliefs and I am not willing to change my belief or faith for anyone ( so in my mind I am right ) and I'm sure alot of other people feel the same way (they're right in what they believe) Everything I'm saying probably sounds really wierd, but I know what I'm talking about :) lol :) lol........ MY POINT IS, TRY NOT TO LET PEOPLE GET TO YOU REAL BAD, JUST KNOW IN YOUR HEART WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS OK, EVEN IF IT'S DIFFERENT THEN OTHER PEOPLE. BLOW IT OFF, BIG DEAL , YOU KNOW. :)
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 11:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Here on Cafemom ALL THE DANG TIME and its SO annoying. In every day life, nope! Everyone out of Cafemom respects my faith decision making!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I feel that way sometimes when people don't understand that I'm not really of any religion.. I believe what I believe... I believe there is a higher power, and I believe in live after death, but the rest I'm kinda in a "don't know, but need more proof" kinda mode. But I know I have probably put someone else down at one point. I try to be open minded, but when I'm cornered about something, and someone is trying to push there religion down my throat I tend to get a little defensive myself.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I don't believe in any sort of higher power or afterlife...I actually try to be really patient with this. I think religion is very important to a lot of people...I think it is a very positive thing...I think it is great for a sense of belonging, I think it encourages moral behavior...I just can't believe in a higher power. I don't try to convince people there isn't a god, I listen to other people's view understanding that they truly believe I am going to hell for not believing...but PLEASE just quit after a while. Some people just wont stop and push me well beyond the place where I'm willing to be polite and quiet.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh yes. I'm sort of a rarity where I live LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well honestly I only get that on here for the most part and only from one friend in a more subtle way. She not so much "Oh you don't believe?! You dumbass!" it's more of a "I'll just post this video on a MySpace message to her.."
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes, most believe Ive lost my way somehow and say so. Which to me is a put down because it assumes something that isnt the case.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• In all honesty, I have been looked down upon quite abit for my religious beliefs. I was a born and raised Muslim, and I lived my basic whole life within the Mosque etc. As I started to get older, my mind just became more open minded and wanted to learn more and more about other religions. Now, I cant really say that I follow the Islamic religion to a T, but I like to have beliefs in all Abrahamic religions and I do what makes sense to me. I just dont care if people, family friends etc look down upon me because I know that ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME, and not some human being that he made himself.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Very, very often and it really irritates me because I am so accepting and respectful of ANY belief.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 3:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2009