Is there anything I can maybe do to prevent my daughter from spitting up out of her nose it really scares me cuz it seems like sometimes she cant breath or she is trying to gasp for air?

AariyanaElene

Asked by AariyanaElene at 11:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she eating to fast? Burping enough? Try burping her after just an ounce or so....my baby tends to "gulp" and sometimes takes a second to catch her breath. But I just sit her up and let her catch her breath and she is fine.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• keep a syringe by your side at all times. I had to...my son did it all the time. she'll grow out of it.
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• How old is she? Have you asked her doctor about it?

Make sure to use the bulb syringes to suck out her nostrils so that nothing is left in there. My doctor said that babies cannot breathe through their mouths for the first several months at least (I think he said 6, that part I don't really remember) so it is important to keep their nasal passages as clear as possible.
    MrsAce150

Answer by MrsAce150 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2009