How much would you charge for babysitting?

I live in Texas and I know daycares are expensive so I would like to give someone a break but at the same time I don't want to get ripped off or jipped. What would be a decent amount to charge.
1. Here at my home M-F 6 to 6. (I will supply the food)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nebraska here.... most of my sitters are $2hr.
    tharris86

Answer by tharris86 at 6:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It depends....if it was a once in a while thing I would charge $15 an hour
    If it was an everyday thing I would charge $350 to $400 a month...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would say about $50-100 a week... it would depend on the sitter... talk to them alittle on what would be the lowest they would take etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I was thinking about starting to babysit to make extra $$. I was planning on charging $15-$20 a day per child. It's the going rate here (Ohio) although my former sitter charged $1.75 an hour. Couldn't beat that!!!
    steveswife1130

Answer by steveswife1130 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I live in a wealthy area where parents pay $22-$25 an hour for child care in their homes and $200-$250 a week for daycare. Then again, an average home is $800,000 and rent on a two-bedroom apartment is $1800 a month, so wages are based on the cost of living. My friend's teenager got his first job at McDonald's for $12 an hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2009