MICE!!!! Please someone help me!!!!

I have mice inside of my house and have NO clue how to get them out! With a little one crawling around and a little dog that stays inside I'm not sure what to use. I have the sticky pads but they don't really seem to work that great. Anyone else have this problem? We aren't dirty people, we live out in the country and they're everywhere!!!

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 11:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pets

• I just had my first mouse experience. I got one of these "live traps". Its like a clear plastic tube. You put a piece of cheese in the bottom of it...they can just push the little door in to get to the cheese, but they cant get back out. doesn't kill them, but they're safe for around kids and animals.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I saw that! But, I want them to be dead. lol. Not to be mean but if I just throw them outside they'll eventually just come right back in. I even tried a cat but she just slept on my head all night while I heard one run right by us! I might end up having to try those live traps though. UGH
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had this problem about a month ago. Many people told me not to, but I went to a fleet farm store and bought the thing you plug in the electrical outlet. It sends a signal they can hear and don't like. We haven't seen one since! No droppings anymore either! I got the one that covers like 2,000 sq ft for my mobile home. GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I second kabbot. I use those traps all the time... they work pretty well. You just have to be sure to check the traps a few times a day because they WILL still die in there if you leave them too long.

Catch a mouse... drive him down the road... let him go in a field somewhere. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh, I just throw the plastic thing away...I don't do the "humane" thing. Actually, I was in bed when my SO came in and I asked him to check it and take care of it...I didn't have to think about it at all.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh, and it worked the same day I put it out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Do you have a cat you could borrow for a little while? Maybe like a sister or brother or friend have a cat, that they'd let you have in the house for a bit. I haven't had a mouse problem for almost 12 years now. My granny bought this cat who is amazingly awesome. She's almost 12 but when we did have a mouse issue she was better than traps.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I like the live traps and dont just toss them back out side drive them some where. Just dont forget to check your trap because they will start smelling up the house if they die. If you have alot your might even want to spend the money and call someone to come take care of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Make your house inhospitable for them. Keep food in tightly sealed containers and be scrupulous about crumbs! Vacuum and sweep daily. Keep the sink and dishes clean. Don't allow laundry or toys to pile up on the floor. Find out how they are getting in and seal up the holes. Mice can squeeze themselves under door cracks and through the teeniest of holes (you wouldnt' believe it) so look hard. Clean up outdoor areas that might make good homes for them. Keep woodpiles away from your home and bushes trimmed. Rake up the leaves and eliminate outdoor junkpiles and old cars. If you can, empty your crawlspace and attic (if you have them). Mice are a part of living in the country. You will probably see them more in the winter months. Oh, and I like the idea of trying those plug things to chase them out. My grandfather says they work.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• P.S. You can want them dead, and kill them and kill them but there will always be more until you make it so they DON'T want to come in anymore. :-D
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2009