Religious or not who would come first

By this I mean, I understand that the bible says to put God first, then spouse then children. Would you honestly put your spouse before your own flesh and blood, the child you carried for 9 months? I do not want this to be a bash fest, do not want negative comments. I truly want to know because I want to know what you all think. I know there are so many debates on religion, this should not be one. Please answer honestly and politely. Do not bash anyone else for their answers please.

DawnVirgin

Asked by DawnVirgin at 11:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't imagine ever putting anyone above my children. They are everything to me. I certainly hope that if both my child and my husband were sick that he would expect me to take care of my child before I took care of him.

Of course God is first in all, but then I believe God is in all so for me to love my children and my husband and anyone else, I am also loving God.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would always put my child first... no matter what. The day she was born and i laid my eyes on her... it was the most undescribeable feeling. You never know how much you can love someone until you have a child. I totally agree with you 100%.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm not religious, but no, I would not put anyone before my children. I wouldn't expect my SO to put me before our kids either.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My daughter comes before everything. I feel sorry for her when she's older, I can only imagine what I will be like. Oh brother!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Kids come before others people. I say kids first, selves last, God always!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It's kinda my JOB, my most important priority to take care of my children. ... Not push away my husband, but he would want me to take care of their needs before his needs. ... And I just can't imagine a way that God would view caring for my children as putting God second - God GAVE me these children, and my responsibility is to be their mother ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• To answer my own question, I would put my kids first. I consider myself religious and believe in God but do not believe that you should put your own blood second to anyone
    DawnVirgin

Answer by DawnVirgin at 11:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• This reminds me of something we discussed in philosophy class in highschool.

There was a saying in some tribe somewhere (don't remember where, sorry) about if you were on a boat with your mother, your child, and your spouse, the boat sank, & you could ONLY save ONE of them -- Who would you choose?

The answer was: Your mother.

Reason was that you could marry another person... you could have more children... but you only have one mother who is irreplacable.

Just thought it'd be interesting to throw that one into the conversation here. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I will put my son first no matter waht
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 11:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Your husband is your soul mate. No one should come between you. Both should be united and the spouse does come before children. That's why we should be careful that we pick a good Christian man that will be makes right choices and decisions. We are to togther train the kids.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2009