anyone else??

i was seriously starving in the beginning of my pregnancy..no matter how much i ate i was starving!! now im about 25 weeks and its back again! im starving starving starving!! i eat more than an entire football team at any one sitting.. they did find me anemic this pregnancy and i am on iron pills...any one else feeling like this?? theres nothing i can eat that fills me up! aaaahh!!

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 11:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tell me about it! I'm 11 weeks today and I feel like I have been throwing back so much food. I'm always hungrey. Even if I eat really healthy foods full of protein, I still feel really hungry in a couple hours.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• After the first 3 months or so, I got super hungry! I couldn't eat enough! And THATS when I started packing on the pounds but...the way I look at it...give your body what it wants! You're doing this miraculous thing by carrying this little life...Reward yourself and EAT!!! :D
    ReadyForEthan61

Answer by ReadyForEthan61 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Vegetables .... fruits ... nuts ... LOTS of water & herb teas ... try to get some Floradix to help with the anemia ... more vegetables, especially cooked, but also some salads (especially lots of sprouts). Most people seem to eat mainly meat and white flour (bread, pasta, cereal, tortillas). Best wishes ! ... My own story is: at the end of pregnancy I was so anemic that my midwife wouldn't let me have a home birth. The doctor said it was too late to bring up my hematocrit ( the measure of anemia) because the baby is busy storing up all the iron it can get its hands on. I did NOT want to give birth in a hospital, so I made a program of nutrition & exercise. In 2 weeks the doctor measured that I was ABOVE the needed hematocrit ! I went home and the baby came that night!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I was sick the first half of my pregnancy...now I'm due any day and I'm eating like a linebacker. I can't stop myself. Its been like this for over a week. Its not just me being "munchy" or things sounding good...I am actually getting hungry. And even after I get full, it only lasts a little while and I'm starving again. I do NOT want to see the scales tomorrow.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• LOL during all 3 of my pregnancies I went through the same thing. Your hungry, your not, you could eat a horse then a salad LOL. It's normal and usually by the end the huge appetite subsides because they are getting bigger. That's when you eat probably the same amount, just in smaller portions. The good news is, it's probably won't last after you have the baby :)

KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• to the first post..i wish i was hungry again in a couple of hours..but this is like right after..its like i didnt eat anything in the first place..im trying EVERYTHING!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i dont remember doing this with my first 2 pregnancies
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had no appetite for the first 30 weeks of my pregnancy, then my appetite returned with ferocity! I could eat and eat and eat. Then I started BREASTFEEDING. OMG, I swear, I could eat all day long.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• between the date I conceived and 5 weeks I was starving, then I got morning sickness until I was about 3-4 months, after that.. back at the fridge I went.. it was insane. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes I was just like that. In the first few months I was starving all the time. Then it went away and at around 25 wks, the hunger came back with a vengeance. I'd advise you to be careful with how much you eat though. One particularly hungry month, I ended up gaining 8 lbs. and my OB lectured me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2009